-
March 22nd, 2005, 03:35 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Okay, fine, I bought an Agot doll. I checked out the Springfield Collection website and I found out I do not like the way their limbs are. Freaks me out. So I got an Agot. You should all like her. She is brand new. Who wants her? My goal is for her to be gone as long as possible. I want lots of people from all over the place, all across the country and different countries as well.
I will send a journal along with her, please put in pictures and write lots of memories of what you did with her so she will always remember her trip. I will also send some clothes for her but probably won't be AG clothes- does that matter too?
If that is a problem then I'll try to make up for it some how.
Well PM me or post here or something.
-
March 22nd, 2005, 03:37 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Oh yeah her name is Cambria in case you wanted to know.
Cambria is what Wales was called during Roman times.
It's said "cam" as in camera, "bree" like rhymes with tree, and "uh" just like uh. The accent is on the first syllable so it's CAM-bri-a.
Or Cymru, which is the real word, and is just said "cam-ree" I believe. You can call her either I don't care.
-
March 22nd, 2005, 03:53 AM
#3
courtneysunshine
Guest
I don't think it matters about the clothing at all. In fact, I wouldn't send too much with her. That way there will be more room in the box for her hosts to add souvenirs of her trip. Her hosts might want to add an article of AG clothing or something they handmade for her. I read your other post and if you feel uncomfortable sending an AGOT out I would understand. My husband is okay with hosting but he told me in no uncertain terms I was never to send an AG out. Not that everyone here isn't trustworthy, but the PO can wreak havoc sometimes with packages.
If you are absolutely sure your Mom doesn't mind, than we might be interested in hosting her if that is okay. We are in Florida so there is a lot to show her about the area. We just finished having Traveling Felicity in January and are supposed to have Traveling Ruthie in April so we sort of need a little break right now until at least May. If you wanted her to visit Disney while she was down, we would have to have her either before the first week in June or after the third week in August (our passes are blocked out during the summer). Either way, just let us know. Oh, which AGOT did you decide on? Does she look like you?
Kim
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 21, 2005 11:53 PM: Message edited by: courtneysunshine ]</font>
-
March 22nd, 2005, 05:08 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Which AGOT doll is it? I'd be interested in hosting...I've never hosted before so I'm a little nervous, but I think it would be fun.
-
March 22nd, 2005, 01:45 PM
#5
Inactive Member
We would love to host your doll here in Virginia. Spring is here and it is beautful! If she could come soon before the weather heats up, then we could take her to see lots of historical sites. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
March 22nd, 2005, 03:59 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I am going to be 20 in less than a week so I don't have to get my parents permission, but I did ask anyway, because I typically just want to know how my parents feel about what I'm going to do, and my mom said she guessed it would be okay. She did not want me to send an AG (hence, the springfield doll idea) but now she is sort of okay with it, she just said it would probably be safe as long as I insure it and that sending it out would be my decision, she wasn't going to tell me no if I took all the safety precautions like insurance and if I made sure I always knew where the doll was.
I just really want her to do a lot- go to historical sites (doesn't have to be famous, I mean just like your town hall or something), go to fun places like out to eat or to a playground, do things with other dolls like make your dolls have a sleepover party or make them going to doll school or something.
The only thing I'm worried about is being out in the sun. I got a grage sale Molly once a few years ago, and she'd been laying on a table in the sun for a few hours, and she was sort of sticky and her limbs were soft, so PLEASE don't have Cambria left in a car (it gets hot inside) and don't have her out in the sun forever without some sort of covering because I am so afraid she will get all melty like Molly. Melty Molly [img]frown.gif[/img]
I know the general rule is that the doll can stay with each person for two weeks but I would rather make it three weeks.
If any of the hosts have a problem with that, then you can just go ahead and ship her to the next person after two weeks if they prefer.
So you do not have to keep her 3 weeks if you don't want to but I will allow people to keep her 3 weeks.
I'll probably start sending her out at the end of April/start of May. That way I will have about a month with her before she leaves.
May- MaryCarly (while its still spring)
June- Linzy (is this ok with you?)
Sept.- Kim (so its after august)
Oh and I would also love if any teachers want her or if a school will take her, then she can be on dispolay in the classroom and the whole class will get to be with her! Tha class could track her travels and learn about the places she is going.
By the way she is one of those new Agots. She has no bangs, light brown hair, and blue eys and freckles. She is pretty but I don't really know if she looks like me. Nellie looks more like me even though I don't have bangs.
Her name is Cambria or Cymru and she is 11 years old and I haven't met her yet so I don't know much about her personality but she is really cool and nice too. Her favorite song is Men of Harlech because it is about Cambria! And her biggest hobby is traveling, as of now she is traveling to come live with me and then traveling to you all.
-
March 22nd, 2005, 04:22 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Kim is right. Gemma went out with a school uniform outfit, a dress outfit and a pair of pajamas. A traveling doll should travel light as there really isn't a lot of room in the box.
One suggestion I would make is to make certain that she is sent between hosts via Priority Mail, insured, with the Tracking Option. That way you will know where she is inside the Post Office. At two of Gemma's stops, the Post Office left a notice of attempted delivery that was washed away by the elements. Only by knowing she had arrived was the new host able to fetch her from the Post Office.
Taffy
-
March 22nd, 2005, 06:13 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Would she like to come to Canada? We would love to have her!
kym
-
March 22nd, 2005, 06:31 PM
#9
Inactive Member
I'd take her in August. I work at a plantation, and in August we focus on yellow fever and how it impacted the South and most importantly how it impacted the family who built the plantation. She'd get a lot of history of my area in August!
And it'll be so hot outside that I won't mind in the least staging stuff with my dolls IN the house, lol.
-
March 22nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Oh, listen, I know it is cheaper to send the doll to each place by going to who is closest(like for example, saying, California, Oregon, Florida, INSTEAD of California, Florida and then back to Oregon).
But the thing is, if people want her at specific times of the year, as some people have, then I'd really like to let them have her at the time of year that they want her.
If shipping is a problem for anyone then maybe I can work it out where I can move her to where you'd be sending her to someone who lives closer to you or something. I don't know how it all will work.
Okay, am I right that I pay for Cambria to be shipped to the first person, and then each person pays to have her shipped to the one after them? is that right? I think it is, but if not, then I am going to need time to start saving! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks